Site News

Health & Safety

Picture of Fairfield Connect Admin
Health & Safety
by Fairfield Connect Admin - Monday, 16 June 2014, 4:37 PM

Dear Students

I need to draw your attention to a few matters that have come to light over the past few weeks:

Your safety and security are our major concerns when you are at College which means that we all need to abide by certain rules and regulations to protect us all.

We employ Security Guards in order to enforce these rules, as well as provide general support and guidance. As you can imagine, theirs is an unenviable task but essential if we are to remain safe in our studies or in the workplace.

We all need to cooperate with Security and recognise that any breach of Health & Safety rules affects us all. From time-to-time a guard may approach you and ask you to do something (or not do something) and their requests should be respected and complied with immediately. There have been circumstances where students have been carrying hot drinks through crowded corridors which are a risk to themselves and passers-by. All hot drinks must remain in the café area. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Similarly food must be eaten in the appropriate place, i.e. not in classrooms or the library. Suitable breaks are provided to enable you to have refreshments and food, so please use these opportunities appropriately. It is unhygienic to have food all around the building, it can also damage equipment and attract vermin.

Unfortunately, I have to remind everyone that the taking of illegal drugs on College premises, or in the College’s grounds is totally banned and will result in an immediate suspension or dismissal from FairField. We work closely with the local Police and will have no hesitation in involving them in investigating such matters.

Unfortunately, I have to write this message to everyone, when it is only a minority who have decided to challenge the rules of the College.

Principal